To be completely honest, we are not loving that we have a few products that are made in plastic containers. Given current supply chain issues, it's been challenging to find wholesale glass suppliers. So, as we continue to work hard to find creative, environmentally friendly solutions, we're excited to announce our interim solution: we're partnering with GoGo Refill, a local Maine company that is on a mission to inspire low-waste living!
Consider GoGo Refill your new go-to spot where you can refill your favorite products! To start out, they’ll be offering our Ocean Mist Body Spray, Surf Spray Hair Elixir, and Bug & Tick Spray in bulk. Click here to find a GoGo Refill pop up near you!
As individuals and small-business owners, we’re also working hard in our own lives to reduce our plastic consumption, and practice the 4 R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle, and REFILL! Constantly inspired by the initiatives that GoGo Refill is supporting, we thought that we’d share a few ways to reuse our product containers after you buy them.
Tin balm containers
- Perfect for storing loose things your sewing box (pins, needles, etc.) or your secret stash of sea glass or seeds for future plants.
- Plant mister
- Travel spray bottles
Balm + honey jars
- Perfect to store salad dressing in your lunch box
- Sweet treats – spice up your lunch bag by throwing in a handful of chocolate covered nuts, peanut butter pretzels, or something sweet into this little jar
- Melt down the ends of candles that are at the end of their life and make a smaller travel candle. If the old wick is too short- be sure to pick up some fresh wicks from your local hardware store. Here’s a great video to walk you through the whole process.
- For the bigger jars – whip up a batch of your go-to homemade dressing for salads and store it in the fridge for your next few salads. We love a simple mustard vinaigrette here’s our go to recipe: 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon of mustard, and a splash of honey to sweeten it. Whisk together with a fork and if you want a little zest, consider adding in a bit of fresh lemon juice for a tangy effect.
Bouquet Jars- Smoothies or drinks on the go
How do you get creative with our containers? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to know more!